Bihar State Housing Board
The Bihar State Housing Board (BSHB) was established in the year 1972, with an objective to meet the housing needs of the people in the state of Bihar. The BSHB works under the Bihar State Housing Board Act, 1982.
Schemes undertaken by the Bihar State Housing Board
The prime aim and purpose of the BSHB is to provide better housing facilities and amenities to the people of Bihar state. The board thus is involved in the following types of housing and improvement schemes.
- The integrated Subsidised Housing Scheme for industrial worker and the economically weaker sections of the community
- The Low Income Group Housing Scheme
- The Middle Income Group Housing Scheme
- The Rental Housing Scheme
- The Land Acquisition and Development Scheme
- The Slum Clearance and Improvement Scheme
- The Rural Housing, and
- A general town improvement and such other schemes as may be entrusted to it by the State or Central Government.
Bihar State Housing Board Projects
The BSHB has developed various residential and commercial projects in different regions of Bihar. These projects were undertaken by the different divisions of BSHB and has been successfully completed. Some of these projects are mentioned below:
- Patna Division-1 has completed 14 schemes.
- Patna Division-2 has completed 8 schemes.
- Patna Division-3 has completed 7 schemes.
- Patna Public Health Division has completed 13 schemes.
- Gaya Division has completed 11 schemes.
- Darbhanga Division has completed 6 schemes.
- Bhagalpur Division has completed 11 schemes.
- Muzaffarpur Division has completed 13 schemes.
Head Office: Bihar State Housing Board
6, Sardar Patel Marg
Patna- 800 015